Satellite and Branch
Schools must obtain approval by the Acupuncture Board before enrolling students at newly established satellite and branch campuses.
Satellite (defined) –
- Campus is within a short distance from the parent institution
- Administration and admissions are all centralized at the parent institution
- Faculty is shared by both campuses
- Students receive training at both campuses
- Students receive the majority of their training at the parent institution
- Does not teach a total oriental medicine program; and
- May not always be financially independent of the parent institution.
Branch (defined) –
- Established as such to require a separate administration (i.e., distance from the parent campus, etc.)
- Independent admissions and student body
- Separate core faculty
- Full oriental medicine curriculum program
- Provide full student services; and
- Financially independent of the parent institution
Schools interested in obtaining approval for a satellite campus should submit a proposal that provides information such as number of class rooms, clinics, number of students, opening date, etc. Requests for branch approval must be made by completing the School Application.